Translate

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP OR GET INVOLVED?

Hi, my name is Leigh, I live in Essex in the UK and welcome to my charity crafting, recycling and crafting on a budget blog. Please look near to the bottom of the page for my testimonials and on my sidebar for current money raised, receipts for many of the donations I send and some of the activities I am involved in. I have a current Enhanced DBS (CRB) and make cards and donate them completely free of charge (including postage and packing) to charities for fundraising, I make up boxes of crafting materials for care and residential homes, young carers, Chernobyl victims, orphanages, housebound people and many, many other worthy charities, people, groups and initiatives. I hold classes, completely free of charge for isolated people, aiming to help people to enjoy crafting, sometimes whilst living with difficult situations. A way to express themselves in a colourful, creative and positive way, recognising and celebrating the positive in their life, which can (especially for young carers) be crucial. I am completely self-funding, and dont charge any charity or vulnerable or isolated person for my services, as of February 2013 I have added a donate button, as after 10 years of self-funding but becoming known and so welcome in the community I found that I was limited in what I could do through finances and for the first time ever I sadly and reluctantly had to refuse some requests for help.

My role has evolved over time into being a mentor and enabler (which I have been trained in), offering support, encouragement, donations, lessons and materials for others to use to heal and make a difference through crafting, (especially valuable to those with depression) and I try to make it accessible to people that may not otherwise have the opportunity, to craft. I particularly enjoy helping fledgling, small and grass roots charities, groups and communities, helping them to learn how to turn everyday events and items into fundraising opportunities, including ideas, support and encouragement on how to get their name out their with ideas on how to raise money and their profile, through Sourcing goods for their charity and fundraising from budget, donated, re-cycled or free items.

Anyway enough about me (dont I go on!), if you have any surplus/unwanted craft material, (including sewing, knitting, etc,) knocking about that you could spare and would consider donating them to my charity crafting please get in touch x Every little bit helps (and I suspect eases our conscience when we buy too much! he! he! x ), I can do so many different things with the donated craft items I receive and have storage facilities to house some items until the right opportunity comes along. Please feel free to donate on any of my "Just giving buttons" all money goes directly to the charities, or taking my motif (avatar) and popping it on your website with a link to mine would be most welcome x Join this blog, tell your crafting friends about my site and say hi on facebook and pinterest (charitycrafter). If you want to get involved, help and make a difference there are so many ways listed on my main blog page, whether it be saving plastic bottle tops, postage stamps, donating craft items, buying a beautiful personalised bag from a hedgehog rescue, sending cards to sick children, giving blood or buying a charity pin, or donating to me on my donate button below, you can do wonders through me or direct (and I suspect most of you already are!), however just reading this is good enough for me and means a lot, so feel free to just browse and enjoy, any questions please do not hesitate to email me x

Please see at the very bottom of this blog for my very own constructed 22 different categories of ideas for budget, re-cycling and charity crafting.

!! NEWS FLASH !! !! NEWS FLASH !! !! NEWS FLASH !! !! NEWSFLASH !! !! NEWS FLASH !!

In the near future, If I can raise the funds, I am hoping to be able to afford to hold free 'FUNDRAISING MASTERCLASSES' , where I hope to hold days, teaching small, fledgling and grass roots charities, lots of tips, techniques and tutorials on fundraising, showing them how to access the best resources and information and being a mentor to help them continue and improve the differences they are already making!

Email: charitycrafter@yahoo.co.uk


CHARITYCRAFTER - DONATIONS

Please show your support by following me!

Friday, 16 March 2012

Picture I made for my grandaughters vintage themed bedroom x

This picture is just a cheap Ikea mirror (£1.25) and some napkins glued on to the frame after it was crackle-glazed x I think it looks so pretty x Hope you like it x

2 comments:

Monica said...

Awesome, Leigh, love your thrifty ideas. Looks so posh, no one could tell how little it cost.

How did you lost all that weight???

Miss you and often use your stuff.

Monica xxx

Angela said...

I love this idea, I think I will have to go to Ikea!!

PLEASE REMEMBER........

PLEASE REMEMBER........
We wouldnt be free without them!

DONT GIVE UP ON MADELEINE!

I sent Luke a card could you?